Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wanna Be Creative? Get Enough Sleep

"In our fast-paced society, one of the first things to go is our sleep," Payne says. "I think that's based on a profound misunderstanding that the sleeping brain isn't doing anything." The brain is busy. It's not just consolidating memories, it's organizing them and picking out the most salient information. She thinks this is what makes it possible for people to come up with creative, new ideas. - Science Daily

I'm so happy to see the recent sleep research getting out into the world. I always knew in my gut that people who said, "You can sleep when you're dead." or "I'll sleep when I'm dead." were full of it. Now I have evidence to back up my gut.

Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101113165441.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment