Friday, July 8, 2011

For Smarter Teams, Add Women...Mostly

This is an interesting piece of research that also happens to confirm what I've seen in my personal life and professional career. Mixed teams do better. In fact, it's always felt to me that skewing the ratio too far one way or the other brings out the worst of whichever gender dominates. (There go all my invites to women's groups, eh? :->)

While the smoothed graph does angle up to the right (more women correlating to more social intelligence), I'm more interested in the individual bars. I think there's probably some rich information behind the male-female ratios that produced those top teams on either side of 50-50.

Source: http://bostinnovation.com/2011/06/21/harvard-research-women-make-teams-smarter/

No comments:

Post a Comment